Madera County Propane Blast Injures Five
At least five people, including two children, were severely injured yesterday when a propane tank exploded in their home in Fairmead. An eight-year-old girl and a ten-year-old boy suffered third-degree burns in what a spokeswoman for the Madera County Sheriff´s Department describes as “a mammoth explosion.” The blast blew out the back side of the family´s house.
Three other people in the home were hospitalized for injuries sustained from flying debris. A fire investigator says the propane tank had just been filled yesterday morning.