Quantcast
help information
Clear
75.6 ° F
Full Weather

Pillow Fire Smokes-Up Murphys Business

A small but smokey fire in Murphys Tuesday afternoon.

Murphys and Calaveras County firefighters responded to the Jillian Day Spa at 488 Main Street in the downtown area just before 2 o´clock. Smoked filled the second floor of the downtown business.

A CDF fire spokesman says cause of the all the smoke was a buckwheat message pillow that was put a microwave to warm — a little too long. The pillow caught fire, burning the microwave, cart and pillow. No other damage and no injuries reported.

Main street was shut down for almost an hour due to fire equipment in the street there.