Propane Shut Off Until Friday
About 1,000 propane customers in the Greenley basin of Sonora are without propane gas after a construction accident cut a line there.
Construction crews accidentally ruptured an three-inch diameter supply line at Greenley and Cabezut roads. County Fire Marshal Kary Hubbard says there were no injuries and no fire. Fire officials say that the propane will be off for the more than 900 customers all night and hopefully be back on tomorrow morning. Residents in Quail Hollow and Sonora Hills apartments, as well as the Beverly Health Care care home, donÂ´t have any propane service while the repairs are being done. Hubbard also says that pilot lights for water heaters will have to be re-lit once the gas is turned back on. Representatives from Pro-Flame have tagged the front doors of all homes in the area and shut gas valves where residents were not home.