Quantcast
help information
Clear
94.1 ° F
Full Weather

Little Damage In Early Morning Blaze

Tuolumne County, CDF, and Jamestown Fire units battled a blaze early this morning in Jamestown. Tuolumne County Fire spokeswoman, Kary Hubbard, says the fire at Jamestown Terrace apartments started because of an old electric blanket. The damage is estimated at around a thousand dollars and fortunately no one was hurt.

A mother and her 14-year-old daughter live in the unit. Fire officials say the fire started just after 1 a.m. in the daughter€™s room, but luckily she was staying at a friend€™s house.

Hubbard says that electric blankets can be dangerous if not used properly. She reminds us not to put anything on top of them and when they get old…replace them.