Death Confirmed In Crystal Falls House Fire
There´s no word from the Tuolumne County Sheriff´s Department about the identity of the person who was killed yesterday in the two-story, single-family house that caught fire yesterday afternoon in the Crystal Falls area.
Kari Hubbard with Tuolumne County Fire says the cause of the fire yesterday was “misuse of a flammable liquid to start a fire in a fireplace.”
“Unfortunately, we did have one civilian fatality in the incident, as well as one injured civilian,” Hubbard added.
The damage to the house totalled 125-thousand dollars and damage to the contents came out to 75-thousand.
Hubbard says efforts to stop the blaze began quickly.
“The homeowners did try to extinguish the fast-moving fire, which spread from the fireplace to the living room furniture, to the kitchen, and then to the second story of the 1200 square foot home.”