The name of the man who died in a house fire in the Crystal Falls area has been released.
74-year-old Aaron Orton died Wednesday, apparently after he tried to use gasoline to get a fire going in the fireplace.
Orton´s wife Doris suffered only minor injuries, and told authorities her husband typically used a blowtorch and lighter fluid to start a fire.
She´s now staying with her daughter in Modesto.
An autopsy was performed yesterday, according to Lt. Roger Dittburner with the Tuolumne County Sheriff´s Department. The cause of Mr. Orton´s death was asphyxia from smoke inhalation.