Sonora, CA — Authorities report that about 35 residents evacuated from the Forest View Senior Apartments last evening are back at home.
The residents were moved to the Sonora Oaks Hotel after it was determined that an unknown gas was leaking into the complex.
The Calaveras County Haz-Mat team was called to determine what the substance was. Investigators initially thought it was chlorine, but later determined it to be Carbon Monoxide.
Two residents were transported to an area hospital as a precautionary measure.
Officials say the source of the leak has been narrowed down to faulty pool equipment.
The investigation continues.