Quantcast
help information
Clear
82.8 ° F
Full Weather

Fire Crews Put Down Blaze At Historic Hotel

Columbia, CA — CDF says a fire in the kitchen area at Columbia´s City Hotel caused about $5000 damage early this morning.

Chief Richard Imlach of CDF says crews responded to the hotel just after midnight.

The cause was determined to have been a pan of grease left on the stove in the restaurant kitchen. He says the fire caused substantial damage to the stove-top and surrounding area.

The flames also reportedly ignited grease in the restaurant´s duct work causing damage to the ventilation system.

Imlach says the heat triggered an activation in the kitchen´s sprinkler system which aided in extinguishing the fire.

Hotel guests staying on the building´s second floor were temporarily evacuated.

Imlach says the damage was contained to the kitchen area and there were no injuries reported.