Quantcast
help information
Clear
92.8 ° F
Full Weather

CDF Says Staff Of Assisted Living Facility Prevents Major Disaster

Sonora, CA — A scary situation yesterday at a Sonora assisted living facility did about $2000 dollars in damage but could have been much worse.

Karry Hubbard of Tuolumne County CDF says an electrical fire began in a bathroom fan at the Casa Viejo facility on Chabroullian Lane between Sonora and Jamestown shortly after 4:00 in the afternoon.

Hubbard says the flames spread to the ceiling but were quickly extinguished by a staff member, however several residents were evacuated because of smoke.

Hubbard says those residents were kept cool by staff members and given plenty of water to avoid complications with the hot weather.

Fire fighters used heat sensing cameras to look for remaining hot spots before moving the residents back in.

Five CDF engines responded along with a Sonora City Fire engine. No injuries were reported, however one resident complained of not feeling well.

Hubbard says that because of the staff´s quick actions, a $2.2 million disaster was averted.