Discarded Smoking Material Sparks Jamestown Fire
Jamestown, CA — The California Department of Forestry says a fire at the Jamestown Youth Center last night did about $1500 dollars in damage.
CDF spokesman Craig Hart says the call came in at about 10:00 and two engines responded.
He says the fire destroyed a deck and a planter box. The cause was reportedly discarded smoking material in the planter.
Hart says it appears that the planter box had been smoldering for about ten hours before flaring up. No injuries were reported.