Boat Fire At Lake Tulloch Does $16,000 In Damage
Copperopolis, CA — A fuel leak has been determined to be the cause of a boat fire at the south shore marina on Lake Tulloch yesterday.
One CDF engine responded to blaze at about 10:30 in the morning. CDF says the boat belonging to Robert Hebenstriet sustained about $16,000 in damage.
Meanwhile a small grass fire at the Blue Oaks campground on Lake Don Pedro was caused by a camper using gasoline to light a barbecue shortly after 2:00 in the afternoon yesterday.
Craig Hart with CDF says that when the fumes inside the gas can were ignited, the camper threw the flaming can into an adjacent grassy area.
No one was injured in either mishap.