Quantcast
help information
Clear
72.9 ° F
Full Weather

Monday Evening Fire Damages Columbia Home

Columbia, CA — A malfuncting water heater caused a fire that damaged a residential structure at 22805 Valley Quail Rd. in the Big Hill area of Columbia Monday evening.

The fire was initially reported at 8:02. Damage to the structure was estimated at $15,000. Contents lost totaled $5,000.

C.D.F.-Tuolumne County Fire Department Inspector Craig Hart reports there was a great degree of difficulty in reaching the scene of the fire because of poorly marked roads in the area. In addition, there was a definite lack of vegetation clearance surrounding the structure.

No injuries were reported to the residents or firefighters. The family was housed Monday evening by the American Red Cross.

Responding to the fire: the Columbia Fire Protection District, the Sonora Fire Department and the C.D.F.-Tuolumne County Fire Department.

Written by Bill Johnson