Firefighter Saves Cats
San Andreas, CA — Two cats have a local firefighter to thank for saving at least one of their nine lives.
The cats were rescued from a house fire Tuesday in San Andreas.
CDF says at 8 p.m. crews responded to the fire on Scenic Court. The fire started in the washer/dryer area of the home.
San Andreas Firefighter Robert Chabot heroically saved two of the four cats that were in the home. The other two could not be found before smoke inhalation overcame them.
The fire damaged the area around the washer and dryer, part of the garage and ceiling. Damage estimates are at $30,000.
Written by Vanessa Turner.