Outbuilding Destroyed In Weekend Fire
Mountain Ranch, CA — A fire destroyed an outbuilding in Mountain Ranch along with some nearby wildland Saturday.
The Department of Forestry reports that the cause of the fire was fuel ignited by filling a generator.
The Calaveras County Sheriff´s Department was also on the scene. It says a witness stated the cause was probably gas fumes near a water heater pilot.
There were no injuries. Approximately four acres and the outbuilding were burned. Damage is estimated at $26,000.
Written by Vanessa Turner.