Railtown 1897 Presents “Trains, Tracks & Terror!”
Date(s) - 10/30/2020 - 10/31/2020
6:00 pm - 10:00 pm
Railtown 1897 SHP
This event will be great alternative for Halloween on October 30th and 31st from 6:00pm to 10:00 pm. A One-Of-A Kind Drive Thru Spooky and Scary Halloween Event with Zero Contact. May not be suitable for young children. Visitors must remain in their vehicles. $5.00 donation per car! Single family vehicles only: no motorhomes, Buses, Trailers or Dualies.
In compliance with all state, city and county guidelines, Railtown 1897 State Historic Park (SHP) and the California State Railroad Museum Foundation are thrilled to present “Trains, Tracks & Terror!,” a newly created drive-thru event on Friday, October 30 & Saturday, October 31, 2020 from 6 to 10 p.m. each evening.
A safe alternative to trick-or-treating or haunted house activities, carloads of guests are invited to follow a pre-planned route through the Railtown 1897 property, if they dare. Drivers will be guided to go beyond the gates, along the side of the historic Roundhouse, out back past the turntable and ending up at the tri-dam machine shop that is not normally available for public viewing. Along the way, guests will experience a variety of scary yet entertaining vignettes safely from the comfort of their cars (with spooky audio broadcast through FM car radios), a sampling of which includes the following:
• Witch Station – ‘real’ and animated witches will surround a cauldron filled with a bubbling skeleton;
• Graveyard and Zombie Camp – guests will see spooky head stones, body parts, and even strolling zombies who often try to get inside passing cars;
• Scary ‘Feast’ Table – scary dinner guests will dine on a gruesome meal of body parts;
• Pumpkin Row – festive carved pumpkins, some who even sing;
• The ‘Mad’ Machinist Shop (may not be suitable for young children, so an alternate route is available) – always eager for new victims, ‘mad’ bloody machinists will be sawing bodies and revving up chain saws.
In addition, the famous Sierra No. 3® (also known as the “Movie Star Locomotive) will be front and center on the turntable, all steamed up, and ‘spooked’ out, with a skeleton crew. Also, scary scenes will be projected through windows and doorways.
Created and hosted by Railtown 1897 SHP and the California State Railroad Museum Foundation, “Trains, Tracks & Terror!” is made possible by generous donations from local community organizations. A first-come, first served experience, the cost for “Trains, Tracks & Terror!” is a $5 donation per car (single family vehicles only; no motorhomes, buses, trailers or dually trucks please). Visitors must always remain in their vehicles and the experience may not be suitable for young children. For more information about this drive-thru event or Railtown 1897 SHP in general, please visit www.railtown1897.org.