Date(s) - 06/17/2023
12:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Columbia State Park
This is to invite you to support our newest Federal Holiday, Juneteenth. Tuolumne County’s celebration, held at Columbia State Park on Saturday, June 17th from Noon until FIVE, is a chance to collectively celebrate freedom for ALL!
This Celebration is being hosted by Stand Up! Speak Up! Speak Out!, Inc.™, a nonprofit organization dedicated to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion.
Included in the celebration will be:
• Golden Ghosts”, a theatrical performance about black miners in the gold rush era.
• An interactive traditional Funga Dance – Lead by Moriatis Creative
• Spoken Word artists from Legacy Alliance Outreach
• Lively and compelling speakers including Andréa -Victoria Lisbon, Executive Members of the NAACP, other local voices, music, and food.
• A show of solidarity from local organizations and community members: Unitarian Universalists, the Tuolumne Arts Council, Tuolumne Community Review Council (TCRC), ATCAA, MMLK, LGBTQ Rural Resource Center, Tri-County LGBTQ+ Alliance, Columbia College and many more!
You can support this first ever Tuolumne County Juneteenth Celebration by becoming a community sponsor, making a tax-deductible donation, and/or attending the event. We appreciate any support to help continue efforts to create a community where everyone feels welcome, acknowledged, and valued. Feel free to share this letter to others who might be interested.
To find out more about Stand Up! Speak Up! Speak Out!, Inc.™, please visit: www.sususonow.org.