Copperopolis’ Annual & Homecoming Pancake Breakfast Fundraiser to Preserve Our Historic Buildings
Date(s) - 06/08/2019
8:00 am - 11:00 am
Categories No Categories
Copperopolis Community Homecoming Fundraiser to Preserve Our Historic Armory & Brick Church
At The Historic Armory Pancake Breakfast:
• 8 – 11 am: Fluffy Pancakes, Scrambled Eggs, Ham, Fruit, Juice, Coffee & Milk.
• Tickets available at the door: $7.50 Adults $4.00 Kids 10 or Under
• Featuring: The Copperopolis Quilters Display & Quilt Raffle
• Live Music: The Calaveras Community Jazz Band
• Steps from the Armory: 8:30 – 11 Tower Family’s Historic Archive & Artifact Museum Open
the General Public One Day Each Year!
• All proceeds go toward the preservation of the two publicly owned historic buildings the
historic Armory built in 1863 & the Brick Church built in 1866, preservation of historic
archives and school educational programs
California’s historic town of Copperopolis turned 150 years old in 2010. We continue celebrate our unique little town with an annual Community Fundraiser and Homecoming Pancake Breakfast, we want to invite everyone who loves small town charm to join us. Copperopolis’ Homecoming was started by our founding families and nearby ranchers for an annual get together they called “Homecoming”. Now everyone is welcome to our pancake breakfast celebration fitting a town that saw Black Bart’s first and last stage coach robbery, hosted Mark Twain at a town social, and was the location of one of America’s richest copper mines.
A traditional country style pancake breakfast will be held at the Historic Armory under a canopy of beautiful handmade quilts from the Copper Quilters and our treasured 6 ft x 7.5 ft American flag handmade during the Civil War by the ladies of Copperopolis presented to the Union Guard Captain. You will be entertained with Live Music by The Calaveras Community Jazz Band. Don’t miss the only day each year the Tower family opens the doors to their private museum with historical artifacts of Copperopolis featuring live demonstration for all to enjoy.