Catholic Charities CAFE Volunteer Press Release
Date(s) - 02/13/2019
9:00 am - 4:30 pm
Mother Lode Office of Catholic Charities
Categories No Categories
Volunteer with the Mother Lode Office of Catholic Charities.
Strengthen our community, encourage self-advocacy, and improve the lives of others. Make a difference in our community by connecting with those in need – touch their lives with your encouragement, support, strength, and talents.
The Mother Lode Office of Catholic Charities manages numerous programs for seniors, individuals, and families that rely on dedicated volunteers.
Your talents will be useful and appreciated in the following programs
• Connections & Awareness for Elders (CAFÉ) – Partners provide a connection to isolated and lonely older adults as well as support, encouragement, and activities
• Legal Advocacy for Seniors Program – Attorneys & advocates offer free confidential legal services, resources and referrals
• The Mother Lode Long-Term Care Ombudsman Program – Program volunteers advocate for rights and quality of life concerns associated with residents residing in skilled nursing facilities and residential care facilities.
• The Mother Lode Transportation Program – Volunteers provide transportation to those 60 and over for medical appointments and to the pharmacy and grocery store.
• Office Support – Volunteers work alongside staff to answer phones, greet clients, work on special projects, and more.
A Volunteer Training will begin Wednesday, February 13, 2019 in Sonora.
Please call 532-7632 for more information on how you can utilize your talents and make a difference in our community or to RSVP for the Volunteer Training.
Pay it forward – make a difference! It all starts with just a little time!
All services provided by Catholic Charities are free of charge regardless of race, religion, or income.