Calaveras Fair Virtual Competitions
Date(s) - 04/19/2020 - 05/06/2020
Categories No Categories
Calaveras Idol Virtual Competition: video submissions will be grouped into four divisions: country, rock, pop, and other. Music must be appropriate for audiences of all ages and may not include foul, gang-related, substance or alcohol abuse, racial, or discriminatory language, or sexual innuendoes, etc.
Contestants must live within Calaveras County, proof of residency is required, contestants may sing a cappella or to professionally recorded soundtracks.
Contestants must sing one song of their choice, a minimum of two minutes, but not longer than four minutes. Overtime of any amount will result in disqualification.
Send and email with Name, Division Number and Address. The deadline is May 17
Virtual Online Livestock Auction
For 4-H, FFA, and Independent Livestock Projects:
- Preregister as a buyer at www.frogtown.org.
- Animals will be sold by the head not per pound. No “Live Pick Up” they will be resale or harvest and return.
- Each animals minimum bid will be the current resale value of the animal.
- Buyers will pay the Calaveras Junior Livestock Auction.
- The Fairgrounds will call buyers to get custom shop purchase information.
- Buyers in good standing will be invoiced and have 60 days to pay for their purchase. Call the fairgrounds office and the staff will handle billing a credit card.
- Buyers who wish to boost must call the Fairgrounds office through May May 31, 2020. Do not boost on line.
- Security concerns or if you represent a company, additional questions please call the fairgrounds at (209) 736-2561 or email Kasey Musachia at email@example.com
On Behalf of the Board of Directors, Fair Staff and Junior Livestock Committee thank you for your support. These are challenging times but together we are stronger and will not only survive but thrive.
Photo contests for children age 5 to 8 years of age by December 31, 2019
Cute bunny photo contest Send us a photo of you and your rabbit. Photos are due on May 6, 2020. Class 1 – Light Weight Rabbit and Class 2 – Heavy Weight Rabbit
Show your Goat Class: pygmy or nigerian
Proud Puppy Photo Virtual Competition
Send a photo of you and your dog. Photos are due on or before May 4, 2020. Class: Small Dog or Large Dog
If you Grew it, Drew It or Sewed it Virtual Competition. Students who are in preschool through the 6th send photos. Five different categories/classes to earn a prize in. Due by May 6, 2020.
Please email all photo contest entries to firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, the class, and the mailing address.
The historic parade facilitated by Soroptimist International of Calaveras County will be virtual this year. Before May 10th Email email@example.com your parade photo. Take photos with pets, horses, 4-H animals or bikes, be creative and dress the kids up. We are putting your photos together and will release a video on May 14, 2020. All youth participants will receive a ribbon.
Send Your Best Frog Jumping Photo
Please email photo to firstname.lastname@example.org. Photos are due on or before May 15, 2020.
Class 1 – Elementary Age, Class 2 – Junior High Age, Class 3 – High School Age, Class 4 – Adults
Please include in the email your Name, class and Mailing Address.
COVID-19 Essay Competition- Students may share an essay, short story or poem. Three different age groups and they will also be grouped into four subject categories.
Division 1 – Ages 5 through 8
Division 2 – Ages 9 through 12
Division 3 – Ages 13 through 18.
Class 1 – Home Schooling – Distance Learning – What has it been like?
Class 2 – What have I learned about myself?
Class 3 – What has been the best part of the “Stay at home order”?
Class 4 – Any other