- Tuolumne County Health Officer
- Tuolumne County
Previously the medical director for the MACT Indian Health Program, Joe Silva serves as Director of Tuolumne County's Health Department.
The purpose of the Tuolumne County Public Health Department is to protect and preserve the health and well being of all citizens of Tuolumne County by preventing and controlling disease, injury and disability and by promoting healthy lifestyles.
- Promotes personal health, community wellness and public health
- Assesses and ensures access to appropriate health care and services
- Prepares for and responds to health emergencies and disasters
- Encourages adopting and sustaining healthy and environmentally sound behaviors
- Prevents, surveys and controls communicable diseases
- Prevents and manages injuries and chronic disease and mitigate the associated disabilities