Author Archives: Tom McClintock
About Tom McClintock
Congressman Tom McClintock was elected in November 2008 to represent the 4th Congressional District in the United States Congress.
During 22 years in the California State Legislature, and as a candidate for governor in California's historic recall election, Tom McClintock has become one of the most recognizable political leaders in California.
First elected to the California Assembly at the age of 26, McClintock quickly distinguished himself as an expert in parliamentary procedure and fiscal policy. He served in the Assembly from 1982 to 1992 and again from 1996 to 2000. During these years, he authored California's current lethal injection death penalty law, spearheaded the campaign to rebate $1.1 billion in tax over-collections to the people of California, and became the driving force in the legislature to abolish the car tax. He has proposed hundreds of specific reforms to streamline state government and reduce state spending.
In 2000, McClintock was elected to the California State Senate, where he developed innovative budget solutions such as the Bureaucracy Reduction and Closure Commission and performance-based budgeting, and advocated for restoring California's public works.
From 1992-1994, McClintock served as Director of the Center for the California Taxpayer, a project of the National Tax Limitation Foundation. In 1995, he was named Director of Economic and Regulatory Affairs for the Claremont Institute's Golden State Center for Policy Studies, a position he held until his return to the Assembly in 1996. In that capacity, he wrote and lectured extensively on state fiscal policy, privatization, bureaucratic reform and governmental streamlining.
- American Health Care Act: YES
- McClintock Calls For Repeal And Replace
- Get Serious About A Balanced Budget
- NPS Centennial Act
- Payments in Lieu of Taxes
- Growing Federal Footprint
- House Rules for Radicals?
- Reject Expansion of Obamacare to Illegal Immigrants
- Restoring the Purse Strings
- Redeeming an Island Paradise
- Crisis In Our National Forests
- Restore Budget Discipline
- Armed Americans Are The Best Defense Against Terrorists
- Bipartisan Budget Act of 2015
- McClintock’s Resignation Announcement
- A Breathtakingly Dangerous Act
- State Regulation of Marijuana
- Support for Trade, TPA
- Re: New Melones Water
- Mission of the National Park Service
- McClintock On the Election of House Speaker
- The Constitutional Crisis: What To Do?
- Confronting the Islamic State
- The Border Crisis
- Yosemite Sesquicentennial Celebration