Author Archives: Eden Smith, MD
About Eden Smith, MDEden Smith, MD, is Board Certified by the American Board of Surgery. He completed medical school and residency in general surgery at Loma Linda University and has been practicing for nearly 40 years. Dr. Smith has been in Sonora for almost 20 years. When the Center for Wound Care opened in late 2009, Dr. Smith moved his primary focus from general surgery to wound care.
- What are the treatments for diabetic foot ulcers? Can amputation be avoided?
- Do diabetic ulcers always appear on the feet?
- How can diabetics prevent foot ulcers?
- Why are diabetics at high risk for developing non-healing wounds?
- Why does diabetes cause foot ulcers?
- How long will it take my wound to heal?
- Are antibiotics a part of treatment at the Wound Care Center?
- What conditions can complicate the healing process and how does specialized wound care help?
- What is off-loading and how long is it required to heal a foot ulcer?
- What is a hyperbaric oxygen chamber and how does it help wounds?
- I’ve had a wound for almost a year. Why won’t it heal?