Author Archives: Douglas Ankrom, MD
About Douglas Ankrom, MDDouglas Ankrom, MD, is originally from Canada. He went to medical school and completed his residency in Urology at the University of Manitoba. Following his training, Dr. Ankrom practiced in Canada and then in Fargo, North Dakota, which he enjoyed because it was close to his family in Winnipeg. However the winters were tough and the city floods every spring, so now Dr. Ankrom and his family can appreciate the weather in Tuolumne County. Dr. Ankrom has been in Sonora for almost ten years. His practice is in General Urology, treating all ages from newborns through geriatric patients, both male and female. He has a special interest in helping his male patients manage their symptoms of an enlarged prostate.
- Are the symptoms of an enlarged prostate similar to prostate cancer? How do I know if I have prostate cancer?
- Can I decrease my chanses of being diagnosed with an enlarged prostate or prostate cancer?
- What are the symptoms of an enlarged prostate and what treatments are available?
- Is treatment for BPH necessary?
- What is BPH and what causes this condition? Can it be prevented?
- At what age do I need to begin to be concerned about my prostate health?
- How successful is treatment of prostate cancer?
- How common is prostate cancer? Is it an aggressive cancer?
- What is a prostate?
Page 1 of 11