Maximum Enforcement Operation
Crime - handcuffs
Angels Camp, CA -- Angels Camp Police carried out a maximum enforcement operation this past week as part of the AB109 requirements. Officers and deputies from the Calaveras County Sheriff's Department conducted what is called "post-release community supervision" searches. They also checked on those on probation and parole. Both departments were told to be on the lookout for impaired drivers as well.
Angels Camp Police Department released this list of arrests or citations:
• Two (2) subjects were arrested for outstanding warrants
• Six (6) people were cited for either driving without a license or driving on a suspended driver license
• Two (2) people were arrested for driving under the influence of alcohol and / or narcotics
• One (1) citation was issued for possession of marijuana
• One (1) "post-release community supervision" search was conducted, and one (1) probation search was conducted
Police say the operation lasted approximately ten hours.
Written by Tracey Petersen
If you see breaking news, traffic or weather contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or the News Hotline at 532-6397