Quantcast
Clear
41.5 ° F
Full Weather

Pet Perishes In Mobile Home Fire

Columbia, CA — Many sirens were heard at 4:40pm last night, December 3rd. Units from Jamestown to Columbia responded to a home fire at Gold Rush Mobile Home Park off of Parrotts Ferry Road. CAL Fire Captain Mike Spear says the $20,000 in structure damage and $10,000 to items inside means the home is likely a total loss.

According to the preliminary report, the fire in the small single wide mobile home in space number 20, was started by an unattended portable heater. There were no injuries to anyone or the firefighters, one cat was rescued and one cat perished in the fire.

Spear noted that portable heaters are responsible for a surprising number of fires. He mentioned that older heating units may not turn off when knocked over, and it is best to always follow the directions on any heating unit.

CAL Fire Tuolumne County Fire Department, Columbia Fire District, Columbia College Fire Department and CAL Fire engines from Jamestown and Mono Village responded to the blaze. The fire was contained at 5:15pm and crews completed their work by 6:32pm.


Follow myMotherLode.com at these social networks Make Us Your Homepage Today Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Youtube Follow us on LinkedIn Follow our RSS Feed
<< Apr 2014 >>
SMTWTFS
30 31 1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 1 2 3