CAIRO — An international rights group says an airstrike by a Saudi-led coalition that killed dozens of people in Yemen last month is an apparent war crime.
The coalition fighting Yemen’s Iran-aligned Houthi rebels has expressed its regret and pledged to hold to account those responsible for the airstrike, which hit a bus carrying children in a busy market. At least 51 people, including 40 children, were killed, and 79 others, including 56 children, were wounded in the airstrike.
Human Rights Watch said Sunday that the attack adds to the coalition’s “already gruesome track record of killing civilians at weddings, funerals, hospitals, and schools in Yemen.”
It has urged countries to “immediately halt weapons sales” to Saudi Arabia.
Yemen’s civil war has been raging since March 2015.