Clear
44.6 ° F
Full Weather
Sponsored By:

Firefighters Stay Busy Overnight

Sponsored by:

Sonora, CA — There were two overnight residential structure fires in Tuolumne County.

The first was at 6:30pm at 15401 El Mapache Lane in the Phoenix Lake area. Mary Jo Boone in the CAL Fire Incident Command Center says it caused around $50,000 damage. It was caused by an unattended candle that was burning in a closet.

A second fire started in a chimney and spread to the attic of a home at 137 Norlins St. in Sonora at 1:45am. A damage estimate has not been determined.

Written by bjhansen@mlode.com.

Use the myMotherLode.com Keyword Search to go straight to a specific page

Popular Pages

  • Local News
  • Fire Info
  • Weather
  • Dining Guide
  • Classifieds
  • Events
  • Movies
  • Tourism
  • Polls
  • Traffic
  • Media
  • Real Estate

Use the myMotherLode.com Keyword Search to go straight to a specific page

Popular Pages

  • Local News
  • Fire Info
  • Weather
  • Dining Guide
  • Classifieds
  • Events
  • Movies
  • Tourism
  • Polls
  • Traffic
  • Media
  • Real Estate
Feedback