Firefighters Stay Busy Overnight
Sonora, CA — There were two overnight residential structure fires in Tuolumne County.
The first was at 6:30pm at 15401 El Mapache Lane in the Phoenix Lake area. Mary Jo Boone in the CAL Fire Incident Command Center says it caused around $50,000 damage. It was caused by an unattended candle that was burning in a closet.
A second fire started in a chimney and spread to the attic of a home at 137 Norlins St. in Sonora at 1:45am. A damage estimate has not been determined.
Written by firstname.lastname@example.org.