Single Family Residence Destroyed By Fire
Sonora, CA — A single family residence located at 14800 Algerene-Wards Ferry Rd. was completely destroyed by fire Thursday evening.
According to CAL Fire Communications Operator Ed Allendorf the initial alarm was received at 6:58pm. When crews arrived the structure was completely involved. Cause of the fire was determined to be an electrical malfunction.
The fire displaced two adults and two children. They were tended to by the Sacramento-Sierra Chapter of the American Red Cross.
Response included Air Attack 440, Copter 404 and two tankers from the Columbia Air Base. Also on scene were Columbia College Breathing Support unit, Tuolumne City and Sonora City engines along with Long Barn, Mono Vista and Jamestown water tenders.
The incident was closed at 11:03pm.