The last weekend in June will be somewhat quiet followed by the noise of Fourth of July celebrations spread out over the following week.
The 40th Annual Sierra Nevada Arts & Crafts Festival in Arnold is this Saturday from 10am – 5pm. For more information view our event listing here.
An “Operation: MOM Food Drive” will be held at the Sonora Wal Mart between 10am – 2pm on Saturday. For details about the program visit the event listing.
The Native Daughter’s of the Golden West Dinner Fundraiser starts at 5pm on Saturday at the Sonora Elks Lodge details are in our calendar here.
Tuesday July 3rd, Don Pedro Lake will celebrate the Fourth with its traditional “Fireworks on the Water” starting at 9:30pm.
There are several events on Wednesday, the Fourth of July:
- There is a big July 4th celebration and parade in Twain Harte starting at 9am
- Columbia State Historic Park will have its Columbia’s Glorious 4th of July Celebration starting at 10am
- Christian Heights will host a Family 4th of July Celebration also starting at 10am
- A Fourth of July Concert will be held at 7pm at Turner Park in San Andreas
- The Mokelumne Hill 4th of July Parade and Celebration starts at 11am
- An Old Fashion Fourth of July Celebration starts at 1pm at Utica Park in Angels Camp
- The Tuolumne Market & Music in the Park starts at 4pm at the Memorial Park in Tuolumne
Lastly, on July 7th, Ironstone Vineyards will host their Independence Day Celebration starting at 4:30pm. The fireworks show begins at dark, and lasts about 30 minutes.