Boy Electrocuted While Climbing Tower
A 16-year-old Chula Vista boy died Sunday after he climbed a 100-foot-high tower and was electrocuted.
A Sempra Energy spokesman says the boy apparently came in contact with 138,000 volts of electricity
Police had received a report of a boy climbing the tower Sunday morning but by the time officers arrived, he had been killed.
The accident caused a brief power outage that affected about 6,000 customers in the area.
The energy company is reminding people of the dangers of approaching electrical towers.