Governor Drops His Misconduct Investigation
A spokesman says Governor Schwarzenegger has dropped a plan to conduct his own investigation into allegations of sexual misconduct against him.
Schwarzenegger spokesman Rob Stutzman says, “Upon consulting with legal counsel and advisers, the governor has concluded that given the political nature of the allegations, an investigation would only be ridiculed by his political opponents and provide little opportunity to put this issue to rest.”
Stutzman noted that no criminal investigation is underway into the harassment allegations. Stutzman announced on November sixth that the governor-elect “had already decided to engage a well-respected investigative firm to look into the allegations.”
Monday´s announcement came after a woman who alleged that Schwarzenegger groped her a decade ago filed a libel lawsuit.