Mi Wuk Fire Displaces Resident
A chimney fire has left a Mi Wuk Village man temporarily homeless. Tuolumne County fire fighter Craig Hart says fire fighters from several agencies were dispatched to a structure fire at a two-story home just after 6 this morning. Hart says Christopher Johnson awoke to the blaze and worked diligently to extinguish the flames. Luckily there were no injuries. Damage is estimated at $100-thousand. The Red Cross is offering to aid Johnson with shelter. Hart recommends that residents keep chimneys clean as a fire prevention measure.