Date(s) - 07/19/2014
9:00 am - 2:00 pm
Sonora High School
To assist residents with household cleanups and curb illegal dumping, Waste Management of Cal Sierra announced a community cleanup event.
The community cleanup event is the result of a partnership between the City of Sonora and Waste Management of Cal Sierra. This program helps residents clean up their homes and our communities, which also decreases the amount of illegal dumping in the area. The City of Sonora and Waste Management recognize the role residents play in making this effort successful by ensuring residents understand what is eligible for free dumping versus reduced dump rates during this one-day event.
- Mattress or box spring- $5 each
- Appliance with Freon removal – $20 each
- All other eligible common household appliances and bulky items as listed below – No charge
Acceptable Household Appliances:
- – Refrigerators (additional charge for Freon recovery)
- – Hot water heaters
- – Stoves/dishwashers
- – Washers/dryers
Acceptable Bulky Waste:
- – Sofas
- – Yard Waste (2 ft. in diameter
- – Metal
- – Untreated wood
- – Chairs
1. The event is for City of Sonora residents only; 2. Limit to one full-size pickup truck (8-foot bed); 3. Electronic waste and recycling will NOT be accepted at this event; 4. Hazardous waste will NOT be accepted at any time; 5. Tires are limited to four per residential household; 6. Disposal of each mattress or box spring is $5; 7. Appliances containing Freon will be charged a $20 Freon recovery fee; 8. Two forms of identification are required, i.e. driver’s license showing a City of Sonora residence and a current utility bill.