Date(s) - 09/08/2018
5:30 pm - 11:00 pm
Railtown State Historic Park
For Immediate Release
Jamestown School District to Host 2nd Annual Hold ‘Em or Fold ‘Em
A Texas Hold ‘Em Poker Tournament Fundraiser for the Jamestown Family Resource Center
On the Train at Railtown 1897
Who: Jamestown Family Resource Center
What: Hold ‘Em or Fold ‘Em a Texas Hold ‘Em Poker Tournament
Where: On Train at Railtown 1897 in Jamestown
When: Saturday September 8, 2018 5:30 PM – 11:00 PM
Why: To Benefit Support Programs for Students and Families in Jamestown School District
For more information: Mark Dyken, Jamestown Family Resource Center
The second annual Hold ‘Em or Fold ‘Em is A Texas Hold ‘Em tournament, with dinner, drinks and live music on board the classic, historical train cars. Proceeds will benefit the Jamestown School District’s Family Resource Center.
The Jamestown Family Resource Center is dedicated to increasing the chances of success for all students enrolled at Jamestown School and improving the lives of their families and other community members. With support from community partners, we are able to reach some of our most vulnerable children and their families.
We serve over 300 families every year. Some of our services include:
• Six recovery meetings a week serving over 100 people
• Weekly drop-in parenting class
• Computer, internet, fax and phone connections
• Student and family counseling two days a week serving 30 families
• Management of the after-school programs for Jamestown School District serving 108 students every day.
• Back to school backpacks with supplies for 267 students in Tuolumne County
• Emergency food bank – 436 food boxes and 1600 emergency meals were distributed last year.
• Resource referrals and connections to services throughout the county for housing, health and wellness
• Support services to homeless, foster and other at-risk children and their families every day
First prize in the tournament is $300 and a beautiful winners bracelet. $200 for second and $100 for third.
The old hobo, Bear Dyken will be providing the music.
Only 50 tickets will be sold. The $100 entry also includes dinner, drinks and a t-shirt with the poster art on it. You’ll also be supporting our work in service to kids and families. Tickets are available at the Jamestown School District Office 18299 5th Avenue in Jamestown.