Sonora, CA — CAL Fire is now requiring permits when burning up piles of debris.
Effective this morning, burn permits are needed within CAL Fire’s Tuolumne-Calaveras jurisdiction. Permits are currently available during regular business hours, Monday through Friday, at the following locations:
• CAL FIRE Headquarters, 785 Mountain Ranch Road, San Andreas (closed from noon to 1PM)
• Twain Harte FFS, 22978 Meadow Drive, Twain Harte
• Station 51, 1950 Hillsdale Drive, Mono Village, Sonora
• Blanchard FFS, 2990 Highway 132, La Grange
• Groveland CSD, 18930 Highway 120, Groveland
• Ebbetts Pass FPD, 1037 Blagen Road, Arnold
• Ebbetts Pass FPD Station 3, 40 Canyon View Drive, Hathaway Pines
Burning is currently allowed 24/7, if it is declared a “permissive burn day,” by the Air Pollution Control District. Burn permit terms include limiting pile size to a maximum of 4 ft. x 4 ft.