Sonora, CA-Don’t rely on luck when it comes to avoiding a DUI arrest this St. Patrick’s Day. The CHP urges you to make sure if you are celebrating to plan a safe way home and choose a designate driver before the festivities begin.
Last year on St. Patrick’s Day, the CHP made more than 300 arrests statewide for DUI and three people were killed alcohol related crashes. In an attempt to avoid another tragedy like that the CHP is recommending the following tips:
• Make arrangements for a safe trip home before the festivities begin.
• Before drinking, please designate a non-drinking driver and leave your car keys at home.
• If you are impaired, use a taxi, call a sober friend or family member, or use public
Transportation so you are sure to get home safely.
• If available, use your community’s sober-ride program.
• If you suspect an impaired driver is on the road, repm1 that driver by calling 9-I-l.