San Andreas, CA — Six Calaveras County Non-profits are winners. They will each get a slice of a $22,000 pie. That money comes from Mark Twain Medical Center’s Community Grants.
- Hospice of Amador & Calaveras
- Blue Mountain Coalition for Youth and Families
- Live On! Suicide Prevention
- The Resource Connection Food Bank
- Calaveras Children’s Dental Project
- The Calaveras Sexual Assault Response Team
Medical Center Spokesperson Nikki Stevens says, “Their mission is to be there for those in the community and most of the times it’s during the vulnerable times in one’s life. With funding the way it is at the federal and state levels, a lot of these aren’t able to obtain grants that they’ve had in the past or even generate successful fund raising in this poor economy; so they really look to organizations such as ours where our mission is to support their endeavors.”