San Andreas, CA — The California Highway Patrol and Santa’s Express, are teaming up once again in 2016 for their annual CHiPs for KIDS Toy Drive in Calaveras. Toys that are collected will be given to hospitalized and disadvantaged children in Calaveras County just before the Christmas holiday.
The CHP is requesting your help to provide enough new, unwrapped, toys. They will be donated to Santa’s Express for delivery to about 1,500 children from newborn to 17 years old. Their plan is to provide each less fortunate child with 2 new toys. CHiPs for Kids collection barrels have been placed around the county at various locations. Toys will be collected until Thursday, December 15, 2016.
Collection barrels are at the following locations:
- California Highway Patrol – San Andreas
- CHP/Sheriff Sub-Station – Arnold
- Angels Camp Police Station – Angels Camp
- Copper Elementary – Copperopolis
- Albert-Michelson Elementary – Murphys
- Jenny Lind Elementary – Jenny Lind
- Valley Springs Elementary – Valley Springs