Fall Back In Time
Me Wu Street House Fire
San Andreas, CA - Daylight savings time ends today. While you are setting your clocks back and hour. CAL Fire says it is a great time to make some safety checks for the coming winter.
CAL Fire Spokesperson Lisa Williams says, "It is a great time to change the batteries in your smoke and carbon monoxide detectors. It's also a great time to test them to make sure they are working properly. Vacuum them off because cob webs and dust can affect the performance of your smoke detector."
To keep your smoke detector in proper working order:
• Test all smoke detectors on a monthly basis
• Change the batteries twice a year
• Vacuum once a year: dust and cobwebs can impair sensitivity
Install smoke detectors in:
• Hallways that lead to all sleeping areas
• Each additional level of your home
Written by Tracey Petersen