High Wind Warning Issued For Sierra Nevada
Snow In Sierra
The National Weather Service has issued a High Wind Warning for the higher elevations of the Sierra Nevada from 5 pm this afternoon to 5 am Monday.
Winds of thirty to forty-five mph are expected with gusts ranging from fifty to seventy-five mph.
The winds will usher a drastic change in the weather for northern California on Monday and Tuesday.
* Impacts: Colder temperatures and wet roads. Winter driving conditions over the Sierra passes Monday into Tuesday.
* Temperatures: Much colder high temperatures Monday and Tuesday, fifteen to thirty degrees colder than this weekend.
* Precipitation: Widespread showers late Sunday night into Monday, decreasing Tuesday.
* Snow levels: Lowering snow levels to 4000 to 5000 feet by early Monday.
* Accumulations: Four to eight inches of snow is possible above 6000 feet. A few inches of snow accumulation may fall above 5000 feet.
Written by Mark Truppner