Lawnmower Sparks Fire
Valley Springs, CA — Be cautious when using lawn equipment this time of the year.
CAL Fire reports that a lawnmower sparked a 50 ft. by 50 ft. vegetation fire in Valley Springs yesterday. The fire started at around 2:45pm in the 2500 block of Double Springs Road. CAL Fire spokesperson Lisa Williams encourages anyone using yard equipment to do so either early in the morning, or the evening, and not during the heat of the day.
CAL Fire resources responded yesterday from San Andreas and Valley Springs, and there were also engines from the Calaveras Consolidated Fire District. Firefighters remained on scene until 3:35pm.