Funding For Senior Services
Hospice of Amador and Calaveras
Jackson, CA -- Some senior services in the area are getting a shot in the arm thanks to a $5000 grant from the San Francisco Federlein Family Fund given through the Calaveras Community Foundation. Hospice of Amador and Calaveras Counties say these funds will be used to help improve the lives of seniors in both counties. Last year Hospice says it was able to use similar funds from that organization to:
• Provided ambulance services to patients who could not afford those services themselves assuring safe travels for patients going to or coming from the hospital.
• Provided propane to families who were unable to pay the bills. Keeping the patient and the caregivers warm during the winter months.
• Provided Lifeline security support to patients who were at risk
• Provided additional medications not covered by Medicare
• Provided supplemental nutrition to patients unable to eat regular food
• Helped pay phone bills for patients to help them stay connected to family
• Provided hospice care for uninsured senior patients in Calaveras County
Written by Tracey Petersen
For other local health related news, information, video and other articles updated daily visit our health section, under the "Living" tab or keyword: health