Random Acts Of Kindness
Calaveras County, CA -- You're invited to do just that during Kindness Week in Calaveras County, February 11th - 17th. The Seeds of Kindness project says the idea is simple: when we make a conscious effort to perform a kind act, ripples of kindness flow forth. The grassroots effort to promote random acts of kindness started in 1995 when the Angels Camp City Council proclaimed and designated the city the first "Kindness Zone" in the United States. Since then, it has rippled. Now, all Calaveras County Schools celebrate acts of kindness each February.
The project strives to:
- Bridge and unite the diversity in our world through kind acts
- Help people value self and others through the expression of kind acts
- Foster an environment of kindness which encourages individuals and organizations to work together for a better world
- Support any individual or organization who shares the Seeds of Kindness
- Create Ripple Projects
Ten thousand light blue "Pass It On" kindness ribbons will be handed out at schools and county-wide. When a ribbon holder sees an act of kindness, he will sign the ribbon and pass it on. The project says the symbolic ribbons are a visual reminder of the importance of fostering goodwill in our own community and in the world at large.
Kindness ribbons are available at:
- Calaveras County Office of Education and all schools
- Angels Camp City Hall
- Angels Camp Police Department
- Calaveras County Sheriff's Department
- Calaveras County Government Center
Click here for more project information.
Written by Tracey Petersen
For more information about other upcoming events check out everything listed in our Event Calendar. If you have an event that you'd like to have listed on the myMotherLode.com Event Calendar, use the event submission form here to let us know about it.