Holiday Home Safety
San Andreas, CA - We all have them in our home. They smell nice and light up a room, but CAL Fire says they can also cause your home to burst into flames.
They're talking about candles. CAL Fire says candles are responsible for a majority of the home fires during the holidays. They say with all the family, decorating and cooking going on during Christmas, candles can get over looked.
CAL Fire Spokesperson Lisa Williams says, "If you light candles remember to extinguish them. Also, always make sure they are in a secure location where children and pets won't knock them over." Williams suggest buying battery operated candles for this busy season.
Written by Tracey Petersen
If you see breaking news, traffic or weather contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or the News Hotline at 532-6397