Be Prepared Flooding Is Possible
Sonora Street Flooding
Tuolumne County, CA - A Wind Advisory and Flood Watch from the National Weather Service make it clear the coming storm could pack a punch. So Tuolumne County Officials want residents to prepare before the new wave of wet and windy weather hits tonight.
Tuolumne County Deputy Administrator Mo Frank says, "Go out and check around your homes. If you have any culverts or ditches around your house or near your street make sure they are cleared out of any debris whether it is leaves or branches and things. If it is safe, check your gutters make sure they are cleaned out so it does not cause any flooding around your home."
In case of flooding the county has these locations set up with sand piles and shovels:
- Tuolumne City on Birch Street and Baker Avenue, also the Chestnut Avenue fire station
- Jamestown on 7th and 8th Avenue
- The Columbia Airport parking lot
- Big Oak Flat Yard near Groveland (You will need to get a key at the Groveland Fire Department for this pile.)
* Bags are not supplied so you will need to bring your own.
Frank says, "The county staff will monitor the piles throughout the weekend to make sure there is plenty of sand available." She adds, "We have checked with all the hardware stores in Sonora and found they were stocked with more than enough sand bags."
Written by Tracey Petersen
If you see breaking news, traffic or weather contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or the News Hotline at 532-6397