According to the National Weather Service, there will be a drastic change in the weather for northern California on Monday and Tuesday.
* Impacts: Colder temperatures and wet roads. Winter driving conditions over the Sierra passes on Monday.
* Temperatures: Much colder high temperatures Monday and Tuesday, 15 to 30 degrees colder than this weekend.
* Precipitation: Widespread showers late Sunday night into Monday, decreasing Tuesday.
* Snow levels: Lowering snow levels to 4000 to 5000 feet by early Monday.
* Accumulations: 4-8 inches of snow possible above 6000 feet. Lighter accumulations below 6000 feet.
* Winds: Southwest wind gusts 50 to 60 mph over higher ridges in the Sierra Nevada Sunday night into Monday.